Getir UK Limited
Last Updated: 11.04.2022
- What does Getir do?
- Information about the collection of personal information
- What personal information does Getir collect and why?
- Why does Getir collect this personal information?
- With whom does Getir share my personal information?
- Legal basis for processing personal information
- How does Getir keep my personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Automated decision processing
- Your data privacy rights
- How to contact us
- Who is the controller of the data processing of your personal information?
What does Getir do?
Getir is an on-demand delivery service that offers customers the opportunity to purchase products and have them delivered directly to their door.
Information about the collection of personal information
Personal information is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g., name, address, e-mail addresses, Website transaction records.
If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes.
What personal information does Getir collect and why?
The personal information that we collect about you falls into the following categories:
a) Data that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of the Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, country and city information.
The processing of your personal information is based on your consent, which you express by providing the information requested.
b) Data that we collect automatically
When you visit the Website, we may collect certain data automatically from your device. Specifically, we collect your IP address and user transaction records which includes data about how your device has interacted with the Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. We may also collect your device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location) and other technical information.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to the Website, where they come from, and what content on the Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the Website to our visitors.
The processing of this data is based on your consent and –if the data is necessary to provide you with our services –on our legitimate interest.
c) Cookies and similar tracking technology
Why does Getir collect this data?
Getir processes the personal information stated above for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
- To perform analysis for improving the Website and services
- To provide applicants with the appropriate details about Getir job opportunities
- To receive feedback and handle any requests or complaints from you
- To improve how the Website functions and the content
- To conduct Getir activities in accordance with the applicable legislation
With whom does Getir share my personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, including but not limited to, Getir Turkey (Getir Perakende Lojistik A.Ş.), Getir Netherlands (Getir Netherlands B.V.), Getir France (Getir France SAS), Getir Italy (Getir Italy S.r.l.), Getir Spain (Getir Spain S.L.) and Getir Portugal (GetirPT Unipessoal Lda) in the interests of the Getir group as a whole (e.g. a group-wide applicant management systems);
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party when disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will collect and process your personal information
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) UK GDPR where we have your consent to do so for a specific purpose that we communicate to you and when required by applicable data protection laws,;
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) UK GDPR where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, such as information strictly necessary for the purposes of entering into or performing a contract with you;
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process and store personal information for consumer protection, invoicing, tax and accounting purposes, or may otherwise need some personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. In these cases, we process your personal information pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (c) UK GDPR.
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) UK GDPR where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights and we do not rely on another legal basis described above, such as improving or personalizing your online experience and our communications with you;
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, this interest will normally be to operate the Website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, or improving the Website. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
How does Getir keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we or our third-party service providers use include anti-virus software and firewalls, access controls, encryption and detection and prevention software to detect and prevent cyber-attacks.
International data transfers
As our group companies, third party service providers and partners operate around the world, your personal information will be transferred to a location outside of the United Kingdom.
These include, for example, implementing the Information Commissioner’s Office’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from data subjects residing in the UK in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
A copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
When it is no longer necessary to process your personal information for the purposes for which it is processed, we will either aggregate, delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Automated decision processing
We use technologies involving algorithms and automated decision processing to provide our services, based on real-time decision process or on analytics or the categorization of various usage of our service. However, we will not make any automated decisions about an individual which would produce legal affects or similarly significantly affects on the data subject, unless where it is (i) necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract, (ii) or pursuant to individual’s prior consent, or (iii) required by applicable law.
Your data privacy rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- Right to information
You have the right to receive information from us at any time, upon request, about the personal information we process that concerns you within the scope of Art. 15 UK GDPR. To do this, you can send a request by post or email to the addresses below.
- Right to rectify inaccurate data
You have the right to request that we correct personal information relating to you without delay if it is incorrect. To do so, please contact us at the addresses below.
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to demand that we restrict processing in accordance with Art. 18 UK GDPR. This right exists in particular if the accuracy of the personal information is disputed between the user and us, for the period of time required to verify the accuracy, as well as in the event that the user requests restricted processing instead of erasure in the case of an existing right to erasure; furthermore, in the event that the data is no longer necessary for the purposes pursued by us, but the user requires it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, as well as if the successful exercise of an objection is still disputed between us and the user. To exercise your right to restrict processing, please contact us at the addresses below.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to receive from us the personal information relating to you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format in accordance with Art. 20 UK GDPR. To exercise your right to data portability, please contact us at the addresses below.
- Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal information relating to you which is carried out, inter alia, on the basis of Art. 6(1)(e) or (f) UK GDPR, in accordance with Art. 21 UK GDPR. We will stop processing your personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right of complaint
You also have the right to contact the competent supervisory authority in case of complaints. The competent supervisory authority is Information Commissioner’s Office - ICO, who can be found here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: (i) firstname.lastname@example.org; (ii) Getir UK Limited WeWork, 30 Stamford Street London SE1 9LQ.
Who is the controller of the data processing of your personal information?
The data controller of your personal information is Getir UK Limited.