Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 04.10.2022
Getir US, Inc. and the Getir group companies (collectively "Getir", "we," “our,” or "us") respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use data about you, and how you can exercise choices you may have in connection with such data. This Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collect in the US through our career website located at https://join.getir.com/us (“Website”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of data we collect about you, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. To access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- What does Getir do?
- What data does Getir collect?
- How does Getir use the data?
- With whom does Getir share the data?
- How is data used for digital advertising & analytics?
- How does Getir keep data secure?
- Third-party links and tools
- Your choices
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
What does Getir do?
Getir is an on-demand delivery service that offers customers the opportunity to purchase products and have them delivered directly to their door.
If you wish to order our products, please use our App, which is available at App Store and Google Play Store.
What data does Getir collect?
The data that we collect about you through the Website falls into the following categories:
a) Data that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of the Website may ask or allow you to provide data voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details such as your name, email address and phone number, as well as details of which city and country you are located at when you complete the application form.
As described in this Privacy Notice, we may process this data for various purposes, such as to communicate with you, providing you with the appropriate Getir job opening details, and processing your application.
b) Data that we collect automatically
Collecting this data enables us to better understand the visitors who come to the Website, where they come from, and what content on the Website is of interest to them. As described below, we may use this data for various purposes, including our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the Website to our visitors.
How does Getir use the data we collect?
Getir collects and processes the data described above for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
- To perform analysis for improving the Website and services and to maintain the security of the Website
- To provide applicants with the appropriate details about Getir job opportunities
- To receive feedback and handle any requests or complaints from you
- To operate, personalize, and improve how the Website functions and content
- To conduct Getir activities in accordance with the applicable law and to comply with the law
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time data is collected
With whom does Getir share the data we collect?
We may disclose the data we collect to other parties, including the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies and affiliates we have both now and that we may have in the future, including but not limited to, Getir Turkey (Getir Perakende Lojistik A.Ş.) and Getir UK (Getir UK Limited);
- to our third party services providers and partners, including those who provide data processing services to us (for example, help to enhance the security of the Website), or who otherwise process data on our behalf.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party when disclosure is (i) necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation or to comply with a law enforcement request, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our assets or business;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection and sharing.
We may share data that is de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
How is data used for digital advertising & analytics?
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
Getir adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this interest-based advertising activity. You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Getir uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use the Website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How does Getir keep data secure?
We use appropriate security measures designed to protect the data that we collect and process about you.
Third-party links and tools
The Website may provide links to third-party websites or apps. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this Privacy Notice. You should review the privacy policies of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Website also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share data or you otherwise interact with these features on the Website, those companies may collect data about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such data with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our job opening emailing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each message. If you opt out of our job opening emailing, we may still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please see the section above titled “How is data used for digital advertising & analytics?”.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will post the changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of data we collect, please contact us using the following details: (i) email@example.com; (ii) Getir US, Inc., 625 W. Adams Street, 19th floor, Chicago, Illinois 60661.